- Verify no high priority issues are outstanding.
- Run the full test suite with fresh environments for all versions:
tox -r(Everything MUST pass.)
- Ensure these files all have the correct version number:
- Tag the release:
git tag -a x.y.z; git push --tags
- Roll out to PyPI:
python setup.py sdist upload
- Iterate the version number in all files where it is specified. (see list above)
- Flag the new version for building on Read the Docs.
- Wait for the documentation build to finish.
- Flag the new release as the default documentation version.
- Announce the release on Twitter, etc.